The CMA CGM Group, a worldwide leading shipping group, is pleased to announce that Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the CMA CGM Group, signed today with the executives of COSCO SHIPPING, Evergreen and OOCL the launch of Ocean Alliance Day 3 Product, which will further strengthen the CMA CGM Group’s service offer. The new offer will start in April 2019.
- Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and CEO of the CMA CGM Group, signs with his partners the launch of Ocean Alliance Day 3 Product, which will start in April 2019
- Ocean Alliance, the world’s largest operational agreement between shipping companies
- 111 ships out of Ocean Alliance’s 330 container ships will be deployed by the CMA CGM Group
Building on the success of the previous Ocean Alliance’s product, the Day 3 Product will bring the CMA CGM Group’s clients an optimized offer through:
- the use of around 330 container ships, 111 of which will be operated by the CMA CGM Group, which continues to play a major role within the alliance,
- 38 services,
- an estimated carrying capacity of around 3.8 million TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit).
The evolution of the product Ocean Alliance highlights the commitment of CMA CGM to serve its customers even better:
- The largest service offer on the Transpacific trade with 19 services,
- A strengthened offer between Asia and Europe with the addition of a 7th service,
- A large offer between Asia and the Mediterranean with 4 services,
- 2 Transatlantic services linking North Europe to the East Coast of the United States and the Gulf of Mexico,
- The only alliance offering 4 services between Asia and the Middle East,
- 2 Asia-Red Sea services.
On the occasion of this announcement, Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the CMA CGM Group, stated:
“This new agreement with our Asian partners will enable us to propose to our customers an unrivaled and competitive service offering. It is a milestone in our development strategy. It reinforces the CMA CGM Group in its key position within the industry.”